View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 07:42 PM   #43
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Ahhhh...sweet oblivion to the real world. How I love it. And dread when I must return to my non-existant "life".

When I feel this way I too often remember Puddleglum's words:
Quote:
Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself...Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones...And that's a funny thing, when you think about it. We're just babies making up a game if you're right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world that licks your real world hollow. That's why I'm going to stand by the play-world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it.
The play-world does lick the real world hollow, and the made-up things do seem so much more important than the real things...

How can you miss something you've never seen? I do so long for Elves, and it's another of Lewis' arguments that God wouldn't have made us with a longing that can't be fulfilled.

Personally, I've resently decided that elves are angels. And in one of Paul's episle's he says that people have entertained, like given food and/or lodging to, angels without knowing it.

I still cling to the hope that someday I'll see my elf. Who knows, maybe my guardian angel has pointy ears...

One time I was wondering around a patch of trees near my house and came upon a hole through some bushes that looked so magical, so entrancing. My heart started beating harder. I tried so hard to stifle the hope that it was some gateway to Middle-earth. Obviously, since I'm writing this it didn't work, but still...
...Still round the corner there may wait a hidden door or secret gate
And though I pass them by today tomorrow I may come this way
And take the hidden pathes that run West of the Moon, East of the Sun...
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote