View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 AM   #219
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Please may I introduce to the good folk of the Golden Perch Inn:

Lily Bunce
Hobbit
Age 28
Itinerant farm labourer

Lily was born in Hardbottle, of unremarkable yeoman stock. As a child, she was befriended by the considerably more aristocratic offspring of the North-Took clan who lived nearby. A pretty, good-natured little thing, she was petted and made much of at Took Hall – in fact, as her mother said worriedly, her head was thoroughly turned by the stories of adventure she heard there. Young Lily became discontent, finding her family and village life humdrum and unexciting. Full of dreams of a glamorous future, she left home at an early age. Alas, poor Lily never found any fame or fortune in the Shire; instead, she has scraped a living going from place to place looking for seasonal farm jobs. Her bonny youthful bloom vanished during years of hard work in the open air – she is sturdy, sunburnt and weather-beaten. Still, despite everything, Lily retains an endearing quality of cheerful optimism. She also retains one dream - that some kind lady or gentleman, in one of her places of work, might find the time to teach her her letters.

Lily will shortly be making her appearance at the Golden Perch. Unfortunately I am finding the Downs slow as molasses in January today, I'm not even sure if I'll manage to get this post up. I'll get something on the main thread as soon as technical problems allow.