View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #197
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr88
A couple of them seemed more of a rant against the faster frame speed, more than the actual film. But the criticisms about the length "You can read book out loud quicker than the time it will take to watch all three films" or Jackson's apparent refusal to understand trimming and editting films are a part of wearing the director pants are undoubtedly spot on.
Well... I 'd prefer to say that, in the case of this particular film, they're *probably* spot on. That's sort of the point I'm making: none of these fanbrats have seen the film yet, any more than we have, and yet they've already decided it "must" be a flawless masterpiece, such that no valid criticism is even possible.

As for the frame rate issue, and whether that should be a factor... hmmn, I don't know. Thing is, it *was* made quite a selling point.