View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #862
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
At Faramund's hall

It was quiet for a moment. The two lords were looking at each other.

"Welcome to my hall, lord Athanar", Faramund finally said. He was clearly collecting himself to be relaxed and self-assured. "What brings you here on this fine autumn day?"

Lord Athanar studied the young lord a moment before answering.

"You should know it very well, Faramund, son of Friduhelm. You know the king has decided to build a Mead Hall to this part of the country to re-establish order and the rule of law around here. I don't know why he thought it that important, but I guess he had his reasons... and I'm here to find it out." He made a pause just to follow Faramund's reactions.

Athanar watched a smirk form on Faramund's mouth as he opened it to begin some retort. He chose to cut him off before he began.

"And I think you also know what happened to lord Eodwine who was to take the eorlship... and that you know I was appointed by king Eomer on his stead to be the eorl of Mid Emnet. At least you seem to know my name already?" He looked at Faramund to the eye with a thin smile.

"So, what do you think I'm here for?" he asked finally.

"We did make a deal with that woman already... what was her name... Saerin, something." Faramund seemed to be stalling, trying to find a way to save face. "So please tell me why do you call us again? Everything should be settled."

"We?" Athanar asked, like he was making a casual remark... and he did not continue, but stared at the young lord.

There was a silence at the courtyard. After a considerable pause lord Athanar broke it.

"What do you mean by "we"? Or "that woman"? Do I have to remind you that you are talking about the king's Mead Hall and your personal responsibility as a lord to the law and to your king? Or do you have some other structures around here to wield power?"

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.