Thread: Reputations
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 01:18 AM   #374
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Seems to me that it would take a brave person to bet against ol' eight jewels at the moment
hmm... for a modest contribution (you call it bribe? I call it gift of respect!) to my purse (hey, I have to repair my car for my holidays...) I can arrange that... mwa-ha-ha.

I reckon I'll loose my second in givers, though...

But, if you noticed, we are engaged in outright chatting.

Let us bring in some speculations (well, no data, just guesswork), but let it be on topic:

I don't remember it for sure, but I suppose Pilgrim's Progress up to now went along the following pattern:

10 points - 1 square
50 points - 1 square (different title)
100 points - 2 squares
200 points - 3 squares
300 points - 4 squares
400 points - 5 squares
500 points - 6 squares
700 points - 7 squares
900 points - 8 squares

Assuming that my previous 'spied upon' data is more or less true, and assuming that my speculations are based on sound reasoning, I may utter a guess as to what will follow:

1200 points - 9 squares
1500 points - 10 squares
2000 points - 11 squares

Having our leader past 900 points in 10 months since the introduction of the system, and allowing for holidays and mysterious dissapearences off the board for a while due to requirements of Real Life and other chances, I guess that somebody will get to 2000 points by next Christmas. During another year thence, the main bulk of the rest of us will get there two.

So, by Christmas 2006 everybody who is an actively posting member now (assuming they won't fall off posting) will have 2000 reputation points (gosh!)

What happens than?

cheers

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!