View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 06:55 AM   #19
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I think this is a good argument, and I've always been swayed by it: the people with the strength to follow Finrod would be the people most loyal to him, personally, and therefore are people he would have trusted in the city or the army. Given that Edrahil is not only comfortable handling the crown and correcting his just-now-exiled king in public, but also immediately goes 'hey what about the government?', steward or other high-ranking official would be a good fit for him. Herald is another possibility, a la Elrond to Gil-Galad - and indeed, she gives him that role too. ^_^
That is actually a very good argument, and I might be convinced over. At least I don't mind it nearly as much anymore. Both the boldness in giving advise to the king and the power vacuum are good points. Thank you very much for that perspective.

So far, the line I am absolutely going to use is "I am not a child of 90". It's funny when Luthien says it, but it's even funnier when a mortal says it.

ETA: Just read up to this point, and thought this was a beautiful passage that could not but be quoted for posterity and future reference:

Quote:
And we who are left muddle along half-blindly, trying to recover from the ruinous darkness we have brought upon ourselves, but unwilling to dare the necessary fire... ~Orodreth

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-17-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote