View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 11:40 PM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Holly followed Bird out of the common room and into the Inn’s courtyard. She watched her friend as she once again counted the eleven silver pennies she had won from Gandalf in the riddle game. Bird was just putting them into the small leather bag pulled from her skirt when the Hobbit approached her.

'So, my wealthy friend, where are you bound for now?'

Bird shrugged, and tucked the bag once more into her waistband.

'I'm not sure myself.' mused the hobbit, kicking at a loose stone in the courtyard dirt. 'Have you heard that Gandalf has plans to leave today? To that castle, I think. The one he scared the timid listeners with a few nights ago.' She looked speculatively at the folk gathered in the yard, and sighed. 'I do grow weary of being in one place for so long. My feet are itching to feel the open road again. I intend to leave soon, and probably with Gandalf and his companions as their way and mine travel in the same direction, at least for now.

She heard Perry's soft whinny come from the stables. 'Well, best go see to my travelling companion. She picked up her small back pack and strode toward the stables, to feed and groom her pony and make ready to go.

[ November 15, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]