View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #528
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
It tells me that dead innocents trusted someone here yesterday
Ya don't say...

I second-guessed my case for Boro being the seer after all this, but re-reading, I still see it. I think what happened was that Boro didn't dream of a wolf, again, so he didn't have any name to give us and didn't want to lose our trust by giving us a mere suspicion only for that mere suspicion to quite possibly turn out to be wrong.

Instead, he used our trust, the wretch! I think Rune was just a more or less random name he threw at us to see what the living would do with it.

Quote:
It might turn up beneficial/we find out more from it tomorrow, but for today, it's too much of a turnaround to make in 2 hours.
This sounds like he primarily expected to learn from it. Both here and in
Quote:
For what it's worth, I would say stay the course, if you weren't going to vote for Rune before the QT vote came out and are only considering him for those reasons than better to go with Ka.
he actively tries to dissuade people from following "our" lead. He didn't actually want to see his bait lynched. Also, assuming Rune is innocent (which he is, for all we and presumably Boro know), his survival leaves the village's trust in us more intact: not following is better than following and being wrong.

Quote:
Most suspicious of Eonwe for the quick latch onto QT's vote.
This, too, looks like he laid a trap.

I can't see an ordo or the Child act the way he does. At all. If he's a wolf faking it, he is showing quite amazing commitment and consistency. Has it ever happened that a wolf faked being the seer (for more than a day or two) and got away with it?

Quote:
Parting words. Didn't have time to accomplish everything I wanted to....
Let's hope he only meant
Quote:
I intend to take more detailed look at THE Ka, Kath, and Greenie today.
Finally dreaming of Greenie now, since that's the one he didn't get to?

(It did occur to me, too, that Boro might be a wolf and the pack intentionally planned on sacrificing I-don't-like-being-a-wolf Lhuna. I like the idea, I must say, but I don't think it's realistic.)
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote