View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 10:36 AM   #8
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, you know that's way too long to respond to, right?

The Downs aren't going anywhere. You can afford to make a single point - perhaps a paragraph or two - and discuss it with people. Talking on forums, there's always a risk of replies getting longer and longer; I can see your instincts run that way (so do mine!). If you keep them under control and keep your posts managable, I think you'll have a much better time.

Please also be aware that the last person we had on here who quoted Priya Seth was exclusively focussed on her theories; he would show up, start a thread on whatever her most recent post was, defend every aspect of that post uncritically and at extreme length against anyone who disagreed, and never posted outside those threads. While you're posting about your own theories rather than hers, you're otherwise acting very similarly. Come join in some of the other threads! Are you excited about the new book? What do you think about Mithrellas? Or look outside of Books - are you going to watch the Amazon series? Do you want to play Password or Werewolf? People are much more likely to engage with you if you engage with the community.

(Also: you keep asking people what predictions they've made. You said somewhere that you've only read LotR a couple of times, right? And not too many of the other books? It's a lot harder to make 'predictions' when you've read the books so many times that it's all stuck in your head anyway. )

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote