View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:52 AM   #2
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I am uninterested in clickbait. I will just say that it is evident you have never actually researched the "loathly lady" folklore motif.

The Irish kingship tales of Níall Nóigíallach and Lugaid mac Dáire, Chaucer's “Wife of Bath's Tale,” Gower's “Tale of Florent,” as well as “The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnelle,” and “The Marriage of Sir Gawain” all concern transformative motifs wherein the hag proves to be a counselor to the male protagonist, who learns a valuable lesson and is rewarded.

Any other coincidences you wish to magnify are extraneous, and I would suggest in the case of the Balrog, ridiculously irrelevant.