View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 02:35 PM   #2
Cazoz
Haunting Spirit

Cazoz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't think I ever saw it as a bairn. My mate saw it in HMV on sale for 4 quid or something, and gave it to me for my birthday about a month ago (after watching it himself, jerk.)<BR>I found it agonising to watch. Not even due to the deviations from the book and the high esteem I hold the PJ film in, but simply because it was a rubbish cartoon, no matter what the story or history of it.<P>The animation was dreadful, and I think it would only have been good if I was tripping on acid, or at least stoned. That's how random and surreal it looked. The background bits look like those shoody old Indian puppet shows they're using on the KFC ads, they were so wank. And the whole Saruman/Gandalf showdown was a joke, what were all those weird 'graphics' supposed to be? They looked like a fiver spent on trying to recreate the Northern Lights.<P>Not to mention the terrible voicing and hideous representation of Elves. Although that having been said, I was still all "Bollocks!" when it ended at Helm's Deep. I wanted to see that piece of turd through, although God knows why.<P>Could it even go full circle to total campness, the whole <I>so bad, it's laughable and thus good</I> in a cult way? I doubt it.

Last edited by Legolas; 06-22-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Cazoz is offline   Reply With Quote