piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Amanaduial the Archer’s Character:

NAME: Nariah Alderleaf

RACE: human

WEAPONS: Bow and arrows.

APPEARANCE: nut brown hair, falling to about a handspan below her shoulders, usually tied in a messy bun. Inquisitive and curious, but not nosy, but friendly green eyes. Slim figure and face, quite pretty, with freckles making her otherwise mature face seem a little more childish and mischievous.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Friendly and open minded, Nariah is good company, ready to laugh but knowing when the situation is serious and being able to act well in both circumstances. Not fearless, she wasnt brought up that way, but she is in no way a coward, and will stand up for herself and her friends and beliefs. Gets a little nervous in the company of people who are 'out of her range' such as lords or kings, and when she is nervous or embarrassed, she has a habit of fiddling with her apron strings or a curl of hair behind her ear. Will not be easily intimidated though. Dreamy, wishing her life to be more exciting, especially since the attack on Bree by the wolves and wargs.

HISTORY: Nariah has lived in Bree all her life, which up until a few years ago was very uneventful, the major event then being the attack of the wargs on Bree. She assisted the defence with her skill with a bow and arrow. Her parents died when she was very young, and she was sort of adopted by Barliman Butterbur, and so works in the bar.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Amanaduial’s post

Nariah swept her cloth across the table one more time and frowned, her freckles wrinkling on her nose as she did so as she glared at the table with her green eyes. She had been scrubbing at it for a good five minutes now, and it seemed some drink stains and coins just wouldn't remove themselves! She heard a quiet sniggering behind her, but didn't turn, simply closing her eyes. Then she whirled around, to see a boy a few years older than her, say 24, sitting with two of his friends and sniggering into his glass. She placed her hands on her hips like a schoolteacher.

"Athor Merrilbur! And at your age as well!" She exclaimed, as if she was accusing him of something. Now Athor grinned openly at her.

"I was wondering how long you'd be scrubbing at that, Nariah." He winked rogueishly at her. "Just a little fish-glue, does wonders you know-"

He dived out of the barmaid's way as she swiped at him with her cloth. "Hey, watch it, Nariah! I- oi! Thats mine!" Athor attempted to get back the hat which Nariah had grabbed from his head, scrabbling at her hands, which she held above her head as she climbed onto a bar stool. Eventually he just grabbed both her legs and lifted her from the stool, then swung her around as if she was a damsel in distress. Nariah whooped as he picked her up, then just laughed. Athor looked at her almost seriously, for him, although a small grin still hovered around his face. "Now, Miss Alderleaf, that hat is an heirloom-"

"You got it last week, Athor!"

"-an heirloom I tell you-"

"Athor, I saw you buy it!"

"Alright, it will be an heirloom, ok? My descendants-"

"-Will apparently have a taste in hats just as dire as yours!" Nariah laughed and tried to get out of his grasp, but Athor pulled her back, pecking her on the cheek. She cried out, hand to cheek, but he simply grinned back.

"I'll never give you another if you don't give me the hat now, Nariah."

"Is that a threat or a promise?" Nariah smiled through her words and placed the hat on his head so it covered his eyes. He tried to look under it, but was greeted with a kiss on his own cheek. Nariah grinned and stepped away, cuffing him lightly on the head as she walked back to the bar, picking up a few dirty glasses on the way.

"Er...miss, can I get a drink over here, please?" A polite voice inquired as she reached the bar. She turned and saw a man in ranger's clothing talking to a dwarf nearby. He must have come in not long ago, but Nariah didnt recognise him, and hoped he hadn't seen her and Athor- Butterbur would skin her alive.

"Yes, of course. An ale, sir?" She inquired. He nodded gratefully, and Nariah went to get it, sneaking another look at him as she did so. She made a note to speak to him when she gave him the drink- there wasn’t much news at the moment, and this ranger certainly looked like he would have news.