View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 10:35 PM   #6
MYyyPreciousSS
Wight

MYyyPreciousSS has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MYyyPreciousSS
Ring

Quote:
This is particularly mind boggling to me because there were a lot of the so-called "good guys" on the list, but not so many bad guys. I saw Gandalf was worse than Sauron or Melkor?!
I'd just like to point out that whether the characters are "good" or "bad", doesn't really matter. I think it mainly comes down to the connection the reader gets between the character and themselves. Like i've heard people not like Frodo or Eowyn, because they thought they were annoying, but personally I can connect with them, and they are some of my fav characters. And like Trippo The Hippo said, a lot of it also has to do with the characters not being developed well enough.

Personally, I dont understand why these characters would be on the bottom of peoples lists. The only one that I could possible understand would be Tom Bombadil, just because he was a little to "cheery" for my taste, (even though I still found him interesting.)
So until someone that doesn't like one of the characters posts and explains their thoughts, I can't think of any others reasons why these characters would be unliked.

[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: MYyyPreciousSS ]

"My Preciousss" - the line that started the obsession.
MYyyPreciousSS is offline   Reply With Quote