View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 03:58 AM   #115
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The others had gone to bed. Amaranthas was tucked into the spare room in Pio’s quarters, a down quilt pulled up to her chin despite the warmth of the summer evening. “My old joints need to be kept warm if I don’t want them freezing up on me.’ was what she had told Pio when she requested extra covers. Her head had barely touched the pillow when the old dear’s eyelids fluttered heavily and she turned to her side and fell fast asleep.

That left the front room, with a couch and two mattresses on the floor, for the repose of Pio and Bird, as Lorien continued to sleep soundly and loudly in Pio’s bed. ‘Who knew the Vala snored?’ said Pio, as Bird raised her eyebrows at one particularly loud series of snorts and half gasps issuing from behind the closed door.

‘Shall we check on him?’ asked Bird. ‘Be my guest,’ returned the Elf, ‘I am going out to the bar to retrieve a bottle of something interesting to drink. Shall I bring two glasses?’

‘Make that three glasses, and a couple of bottles, Pio.’ came the weary voice of Cami just pushing the door open. She flopped down on one of the mattresses, her feet toward the fire, and her back resting against the couch. She looked toward the closed door to Pio’s bedroom. ‘I don’t suppose there is any chance he’s awake, and able to answer questions, is there?’

‘You and Bird see to him, maybe he has come round. Drag him out here if you want, we can sit and watch for him to waken while we kill a bottle or two and catch up with each other . . .’