View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 06:26 AM   #22
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Boots

Glòin Stealthteeth made his way through the crowded room squeezing and shoving through drunk and sweaty bodies. The worm-eaten floorboards, soaked in spilled beverage and excrete squeaked with every step he took. The tired dwarf took a while before finally making his way to a seat at the barcounter.

The innkeeper; a fellow khazad spotting a dirty brown apron took notice of Glòin, went towards him and smiled:

“By Aüle! Another fellow Khazad! Greetings! My name is Dwarin Thunderhammer! You can call me Dwarin, Thunderhammer, D or pretty much anything. Just don’t call me late for dinner.”

Both dwarves broke into hearty guffaws which caught some regular patrons along the counter in surprised. No one till now laughed at the innkeeper's signature introduction/joke.

"Greetings good innkeeper! I am Glòin, son Bayer and by the axe of my forefathers, a warrior of the House of Dáin the Unforgettable. I have travelled far and would require a room for the night and sustenance to keep the body strong."

The innkeeper grunted his approval and produced a tray of strong cheeses, assorted nuts and dried spiced meats from underneath the counter before stepping towards the taps and handed me a large tankard of mead.

I thanked the khazad and gratefully accepted the cool beverage. Grabbing a tasty morsel from the tray, I turned around and munched hungrily whilst surveying the room.

[ November 23, 2002: Message edited by: Saurreg ]