View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 05:41 AM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A few comments on some things that I think I'd like to clarify or answer to. Just hoping to make myself understood.

hS on reasons he was suspected:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hs
-Actively pushing people to try and get reads on them draws attention. Not much I can do about that - I get my best reads off people by interacting with them, and I refuse to sit quietly and not play the game.

-I'm saying too much of what I'm thinking. This covers both the paranoia theory and Nog's whole thing. I mean... I kind of see the point, but not sharing my thoughts means the rest of the village aren't getting all the information. I want to make sure that they understand what I'm trying to say and do
You're quite correct with the first one (I really know that from experience - the latest being partly this game), but that was not the reason I suspected you, and neither is the second one (which I think has more or less nothing to do with why people suspected you).

To sum up my suspicions on you, I'd say you were kind of overdoing everything. In the beginning it was the constant underlining of doing some elaborate tests on people, kind of overdoing something like "hey look at me, I'm sharp and doing good things for all of us, so do not lynch me", But the jumping through the roof with a weird conspiracy-theory was probably the thing which put the ball in motion. A wolf, or a gifted, might do that, hardly any normal villager (wolves and gifteds tend to be jumpier than innocents). I noticed it, but also thought it possible you're a gifted and thus went on in a low profile with it, well willing to fish out some reactions from you. But then you made that odd post no innocent should say - and that kind of did it for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hS
Unlike me, he made no indication that he was pressed for time, so he could absolutely have gone back to check whether I ever suspected Form.
Well, it's not exactly true that you suspected Form initially - at least you don't say that in the thread, if you did. You were engaged with him in a disagreement of the Day1 and its uses, and then you said you were seeing him more innocent than not. But anyway, that wasn't the main point of my suspicion. That was the oddity of saying: I suspected him + I have a bad judgement = I vote him. A wolf might slip like that writing stuff in haste, but an innocent wouldn't (well, you most clearly did, so I was wrong - but I hope you see why I saw it thusly and that why it is a reasonable thought).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I mean, should one go like: "hmmm, who might the wolves have thought is the seer? X seemed to make some seerish comments, but no, I think s/he might be a wolf, so that's not a possible scenario"?????
Um... yes? I feel like 'Why wouldn't the wolves have killed X? Well, maybe X is a wolf!' is pretty logical thinking?
Et tu, Brute!

That quote is not from a discussion concerning Mac's role (whether he's innocent or a wolf). It is part of a speculation, whom the wolves might have found seerish - and for that you have to assume people innocent, naturally (because you don't know whom not to count because they actually are wolves). Now Brinn tried to make that look like I'm a wolf who knows Mac is innocent because I said he could have been seen as a seer... Holy Moses. And you gave her the extra vote... Holy Abraham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Nog's 'people suspecting me are out to ruin my game' doesn't ring true to me.
Heh. That was actually a burst of most sincere frustration. Fun fact (at least I believe it's a fact): I tend to live much longer as a wolf than as an innocent. I guess I know why. As a wolf I care first and foremost what others think of me and try to rub people the right way. As an innocent I try my best to find the wolves and don't care that much about appearances. It just feels wrong not to voice some suspicions because someone might think bad of you when you're innocent: when a wolf, image is everything, because there is no substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I get both "frustrated innocent" and "frustrated wolf who thinks he's being suspected for the wrong reasons"
That's what I was seeing! Nog is sounding like me from last game (mostly in the Cutie-bar or in my own notes) - deeply frustrated that people are suspecting him over things he meant seriously.
My daughter clearly knows me too well. I do hate it the most when a wolf and people suspect me for wrong reasons. That's so unbearable! It's almost as infuriating as hearing someone using bad arguments (in RL) on behalf of a proposition dear to you. Yes it was frustrating to sit by the laptop and see that no-one seemed to see what I was really doing, but just harping on those hostile or misunderstood talking points.

Well, this turned out quite a rant. But let's say that's it for my part: at least I got a chance to vent off all my leftover frustrations.

Let's hope someone makes sense on Day3 so that we can give a double-vote that does something good.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote