View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #50
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just for the fun of it.

I've been reading the CoH to find everyone Tolkien gave a name in Dor-lómin, living there during the Evil Breath aka. just before Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Adding to those the people who are told to live there later under easterling-rule (during Morwen's time there and when Túrin came back) brought me to 12 characters. Then I added the three outlaws Túrin hooked up with years later, who were said to come originally from Dor-lómin (and who I'd gather were not outlaws before exactly these troubled times and Nirnaeth), to reach 15.

So unless someone comes up with some I have missed or any other ones from some "unfinished papers" that have not ended up in the CoH, please let me know. Otherwise I'll fill the rest with some like "Aerin's mother"...

I thought first it would be fun to give you all new identities for the game to use (and then randomize the roles on top of that), but then thought against it for two reasons. Firstly, it might get pretty confusing in a big village if people had two nomers (try reading a mammoth Russian novel!). Secondly it would be too easy to hide behind the character-play: "I'll vote Andróg because he's such a shady person" (even if disease doesn't, at least normally, pick on grounds of moral integrity, one could argue that one caused by Morgoth sure could ).

So I'll be using them basically just in the narratives (and one will thus be revealed in every narration). If the Cuties would like to use them in their own discussions, have your fun with them.

So here's who we have in the village (a few to be added). The characterisations are from Tolkien, I have added nothing of my own.

Dramatis Personae

Húrin, of the House of Hador, master of Dor-lómin
Morwen Eledhwen, of the House of Bëor, Húrin's wife
Túrin, their son, 5-years old
Urwen “Lalaith”, their daughter, 3-years old
Sador “Labadal”, Húrin’s one-legged woodwright
Ragnir, Húrin’s blind servant
Túrin’s nurse
Aerin, a kinswoman of Húrin
Indor, Aerin’s father
Gethron, valiant old man
Grithnir, valiant old man