View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 02:34 PM   #160
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
No, Spawn. The League is being called upon to temporarily defend a quality character from the assault of The Alliance of Doom. It was Sauce's vote that forced The League's hand. He has shown himself willing to make annoying me his first priority rather than carefully considering and weighing characters, and that is simply not right. So, The League is coming against him, to show him that he and his friends in the "Alliance of Doom" aren't the only power on this thread.

The League supports good honest debate over mindless vendettas.
Ah, sounds honourable, your phantomness. However, I haven't seen much honest debate today. Fuinur was chosen for the 'Save Elrond' vote without much ado, and after that there has been very little talk about anyone else. Elrond has two votes. A big bandwagon for saving him seems a bit superfluous, although maybe its purpose is just to prove how powerful you really are. Pretty impressive, actually. Well, I look forward to hearing more of people's personal interests tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Spawn, you are wrong to call Erendis 'the snappish one' or a generally exciting anti-establishment malcontent (as you so clearly implied ).She is a grumpy and worthless old bat whom no-one could possibly like.
Why, I agree completely. She's horrible. But she provokes emotions. People gather in front of their TV sets every time to wonder her latest whims - and imagine the related merchandise: dartboards with her face printed on them, for example. Although... she might be just a bit too horrendous to keep around for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I too love and respect Elrond. My help may not prove important, but if it affords my Erendis campaign a little sympathy then it could be doubly worthwhile.
Well, Fuinur has now eight votes, so it really doesn't seem to be making a difference anymore (that's some skilled fawning, nonetheless ). Hmmm, a little sympathy you want?