View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:22 AM   #136
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
A new season, how lovely!

I feel there's something rotten here. Yes, I'm talking about Glorfindel's decaying remainders. I may not be as well aware of profitable tactics and strategies in this game as the rest of you, but I know one thing: Glorfindel's hardly a survivor.

Just take a look at his achievements:

Well, he managed to take a powder when some baddies came to Gondolin. Very brave. Too bad he got killed by the first enemy that passed his way after it.

Also, he was able to sprout some yellow flowers from his deceased body which itself is a nice trick, but really, do we want to watch how grass slowly grows taller on prime time?

To be fair, it is said that Glorfindel pulled a balrog with him as he fell off a cliff after a fight. But then again, what's so great in a battle that ends in a draw? Now, how did it go... a draw means that no-one wins which means that everybody loses. Great. He's officially a loser. Besides, I have my doubts that he even managed to kill the balrog. You see, unlike the balrog, Glorfindel didn't have wings ( ) and it's a fact that he ended up dead whereas our balrog, well, after some skydiving he probably just fluttered away.

It is also said that without Thorondor, Glorfindel wouldn't have had any chance to beat the enemy he encountered on the mountains (actually, he wasn't able to win even with the eagles). Now that Thorondor has been voted off, I don't see much sense in keeping goldilocks around either. Therefore...

++Glorfindel

Oh, and for those who rely on anagrams when making their decisions on who should leave: Glorfindel = Old elf girn. What do we do with a decrepit complaining chap like him? One of the Noldor or not, I would ask you to consider whether you really want to keep such a wuss around.