View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 03:36 AM   #200
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

CHILD OF THE 7TH AGE POST

The light from a single torch flickered along the walls. Eleven hobbits sat in a circle on the floor, surrounded by golden urns and jeweled sarcophagi. They were waiting for Loremaster, and then they would begin.

Phura was about to speak when the soft echo of footsteps sounded a warning. Faces and eyes went tense. They were only expecting Loremaster, but this seemed like more than one person. Gamba grabbed the torch intending to extinguish it. Tuka had brought along a crowbar and lifted it up like a weapon.

Before any could go further, Loremaster appeared at the door, "No! It's alright. A friend has joined us."

At that moment, a tall figure strode forward. She wore a simple outfit, still wet from the river, and about her shoulders were draped two old blankets, her hair short and curly, and secured at her belt were several knives. She was altogether a singularly unprepossessing figure. Though, her sea grey eyes shone with an elven light as she surveyed them, or so it seemed to the hobbits in the room.

Gamba stood up with a mixed expression of wonder and disbelief. Without asking, he knew. Before Loremaster could say anything, Gamba whispered "Piosenniel?"

The Elf turned and regarded the young hobbit closely. 'Yes?!'

"But how can this be?" Gamba blurted out the question in everyone's mind. "You're supposed to be . . ."

She smiled, and stopped him with a shake of her head. 'But I am not, as you can see.' She reached out and touched him lightly on the face. 'Real enough, is it not?!'

Loremaster stepped forth and asked Gamba to take his seat. He then asked Pio to give them a brief outline of the rescue plan. She stepped forward and began.

[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]