View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 02:54 PM   #197
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Khelek and Mithadan ran the weapons drills until the hobbrim collapsed in tired heaps on the deck, crying, 'Mercy!' Kehelek put his hand on Mithadan's shoulder, as the Man sought to bring them to their feet for one last round.

'They are tired, Mithadan! They cannot take in any more. Leave them to rest now.'

'There will be no rest, once the foe is engaged.' said Mithadan, in a low voice. He wiped his arm across his forehead,and looked toward the north.

Khelek sighed as he guessed what the Man was thinking. 'She will be alright. She is Piosenniel. She will do what she needs to do and then return to you . . . to us.' He gestured toward the stairs. 'Come! Let us find something to eat and drink. And then I would have you show me how you mean to use the air bladders.'

Andril was just coming up the stairs as the two men headed down. She stopped them for a moment. 'Have either of you seen Kali? I cannot find him anywhere.' When she saw that neither of them knew the hobbrim's whereabouts she continued on up to the deck, calling over her shoulder to them as she went. 'If you do see him, please send him to me.'

[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]