View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #2897
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
The book I was reading fell into a full bathtub yesterday.

A Feast For Crows was sacrificed in an offering to the Drowned God. But after the fan gave it the kiss of life it became kinda usable again, except that it feels weird. The pages don't feel like proper pages anymore.
Listen. Way back in 1985 I was reading the Humphrey Carpenter bio of Tolkien in bed while enjoying a nice glass of warm Ribena and I spilled it all over my book. I was pretty upset about the book being forever stained purple but I was more worried about my mum going up the wall at the fact I'd been lying around in bed and spilling blackcurrant all over the sheets. So think yourself lucky

Anyway, I came here to assign bus stop offenders. The ones who stand in front of you when you're waiting for the bus so your view is obscured and you miss the bus. And the ones who sit on the middle of the bus shelter seat so nobody else can sit down and they all have to huddle at the far end while madam luxuriates in having the whole bench to herself. And the ones who will not stand within ten feet of another person, so you get to a bus shelter that should cover fifteen people but one person needs so much personal space that everyone is rammed together in the three feet of space that Princess Touch Me Not allows them.

Of course, this would all be solved if I was not British and consumed with queue etiquette anxiety.