View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 01:45 AM   #241
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Avanill

Avanill nodded, it had been the conversation he had been dreading. It was hard to tell exactly how he felt from the outside, no one ever could tell what that boy was thinking; however, on the inside Avanill was rampant. Would he tell the truth? Would he leave some to chance? He regarded the two rangers with caution before making his final decision. After all, he did want to redeem himself, and yet he wanted to live.

He chose his words before speaking, “You don’t know who I am, you don’t know how I am connected to Naiore. You have no idea what ive been through and you have no idea what went on at Tallas place. Don’t be so quick to think you do, it is deeper than you think.” Avanill paused and watched the unsure reactions of the rangers.

“I can see form your stance that you do not want to hear an explanation” noticing the hostile stance of both rangers. “You must hear me out. I only became involved because I wanted revenge. Not only on Naiore but on Barrold as well. The elf, had dealings with my family a long time ago, she was responsible for their deaths, for that she must die. And Barrold, murdered by sister. He murdered Tallas to, I tried to stop him, but there was nothing I could do. I was waiting for the right moment to kill them both, but I saw that Naiore was planning something bigger that would not give me that chance. She wants to take over the Shire. She did terrible things, things that made me want to throttle her graceful throat on the spot if ever I could, but I had to keep my cover, I am not a stupid opportunist, if you have seen the things that I have seen this past weeks… You have no evidence that I was involved in killing Tallas, you only know I was there. You will find no blood upon my clothes and no remembrances of his home save the drugs I bought from him before Barrold went wild.”

Avanill knew he had a point. “Toby will still not know of my venture of vengeance, so well it was that I kept it. I only wanted to restore my family honour; can you blame me for that? Can you honestly take me away for trying to save my sister, that girl’s good name? Trying to save Vanwe from Naiore- and not to mention what she did to Vanwe…” He raised an eyebrow.

“I imagine that she is safe now though, thank the Valar. Don’t worry about my betrayal good sirs, I give you my word, it will not be broken, besides if I wanted to escape I would have done so by now, I come from what you fellows would call ‘good stock’. Arrest me if you will, but Eru be damned if you will lock me away and take my revenge away from me!”

Last edited by Everdawn; 04-22-2004 at 03:00 AM.