View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 AM   #36
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Mmh think there's any logical or canonical way of explaining if my character had been a slave for about two decades? ...I guess so since Dury's character seems to have been a slave for about 12 years too. *off to plot*
No, Durelin's character spent five years in slavery, seeing as (1) he was captured as a result of recklessly pursuing the Easterlings who fled after the defeat of Sauron (2) the roleplay is set five years after the War. But the age of your character Suscana can be perfectly canonical. We can see in The Hobbit that even the main roads were fraught with peril and but poorly guarded in the sunset era of the Third Age. The Easterling raids to the borders of Rohan and Gondor had been in existence long before the War itself broke out. Even my character history suggests it.

By the way, Thinlomien, wonderful character bio! Since you posted the bio at 7:20 AM, I printed it out and took it with me to class because I had to leave for class in a few minutes and didn't want to spend all morning wondering what you've written. And then I read it secretly (or so I thought) in class, until my English Lit. professor actually rapped my desk and asked what I was squealing in excitement over. It was kinda embarrassing, but... meh. Anyway, I really felt as if Susca was a real person and not a character by the time I finished it!

PS. Piosenniel, sure! And I'll have the character bio for Ariel Silverwood, Gondorian Former Soldier #2, up in roughly around an hour. I hope.