View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 11:58 AM   #93
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Nori raised his axe ready to strike Rysha as she rose, but the axe whistled as it cut through the air Rysha heard it and quickly rolled out of the way, It connected loudly with the carvern floor sending chips of stone flying in all directions, the vibration shuddered up his arm but he paid it no heed.

As he rose he followed though swinging the axe to his right in the direction the lithe woman had rolled, just in time as well for Rysha had managed to get to her feet and was bring her sword down to strike. The two weapons Rang as they connected and the two struggled for awhile each trying to over power the other.

Rysha was suprisingly stronger that the dwarf had imagined. Rysha thought quickly as she started to feel her arm give and before the dwarf had a chance to react she had spun around and kicked him hard in his wounded side. the move cost her a graze to her leg as the Nori's axe hand fell from the blow and the axe head scraped across her leg.

As the Nori struggled to lift his axe, Rysha taunted him "You shall beg like the other one" she hissed at him. enraged he lifted his axe to met her downward thrust then started attacking forcing the woman back as she was forced to block blow after blow.

"He told me everything you know" she taunted Grinning menacingly at him, it worked the dwarf hesitated wondering what exactly she knew, she took the advantage taking the offensive and pressing the dwarf with blow after blow of her own. She was getting more an more furious as the dwarf blocked her blows.

"yes, I know about the treasure" she hissed at him hopeing that the taunt would have the same effect as the last. It did not instead it infuriated the dwarf, he growled fiercely and lifted his axe and with all his strength he brought it down, Rysha's eyes widened but she still had presence of mind to lift her sword to meet the blow, the sheer force of the strike was enough to knock the sword from her hand, it clattered as it hit the stone floor out of her reach. "Nooooooo" she screeched as she jumped back and pulled her whip from her belt.

The force of his blow had pulled him down to one knee. Rysha cracked her whip before he could rise, the end struck him hard across the face, but as he was rising he had grabbed his throwing axe from his belt and had let it fly just as the whip connected with his face, it hit Rysha on the left shoulder.

She looked down at the axe sitting in her shoulder. Gritting her teeth she pulled it out and throw it to the ground "you shall pay for that dwarf" she growled as she rose her whip to strike him again. As she cracked it Nori grabbed it and held it tightly despite the searing pain. Rysha pulled at it frantically, Nori lifted his axe ready to strike the woman down, when suddenly there was a loud roar that shook the room knocking him to the floor. He felt Rysha pull the whip from his hand and raised his axe instinctivly to fend of any blows the woman had in mind, but no blow came, as he looked up he saw the woman picking up her sword and running out of the room the way they had come in.

As he was puzzling over what had just happened he felt Faruom pulling him up "Quick we have to get out of here" he was screaming at him. He picked up his throwing axe and ran after Faruom who was carrying the unconscious Haydn. "Aldor come on" he cried as he spotted the man still upright and conscious.

They ran for what had seem like hours. Then Faruom finally stopped in a large cavern, which they all later recognised as the one before the cavern of spears. Nori collapsed on the cavern floor gasping, as he caught his breath he looked up, he was relieved to see that all four of them had made it out.

Faruom had propped Haydn against a wall and was frantically emptying the contains of his pack searching for something, Aldor was standing with his sword still drawn breathing heavily, watching the passage they had just come down, Proud and noble the man looked to Nori as he kept his watch. Nori then got up and made his way to the other exit to stand watch as Faruom worked to heal Haydn.

None of Haydn's wounds were critical, mostly welting, but he was cold and deathly white. It looked to Faruom that the life had been drained right out of him. He searched his pack for a small glass phial that he had been given by a friend on one of his many visits to Rivendell, he prayed that it had not been broken. At last he found it, he looked at the glass container and it's clear contents.

I hope this works he thought as he pulled the stopper and poured the clear liquid down Haydns throat. Haydn gagged slightly then his eyes fluttered open. Thank the Elves Faruom smiled pleased to see that the elven healing liquid had worked. He place the stopper back in the phial and carefully placed it back in his pack and picked up one of his waterskins.

"I told her everything" Haydn croaked, "Hush, don't talk of such things" Faruom told him, but Haydn turn his head away in shame, "Take this and drink" Faruom said thrusting the waterskin into Haydns hands. "I'm going to check on the others I'll be back in a bit" He said lifting some of his herbs and another waterskin. Haydn didn't even look up, Faruom sighed as he walked towards Nori. I may be able to heal his physical wound, but his wounds run deeper than skin deep I fear.

As Faruom checked Nori's wounds with the dwarf protesting the whole time that he was fine, but the wound on his side was bleeding again, he made a fresh dressing of the herbs that Haydn had given to him earlier and bandaged the dwarf back up. "Drink" he said handing Nori the skin, the dwarf drank deeply and handed the skin back.

Faruom then went over to see if Aldor was hurt....