View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #14
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
1) As Fin will tell you, the project is very much against putting things into a footnote where none exists in Tolkien's draft. We do not need this information; it is not crucial. Therefore the simplest solution is simply to remove it, since it is CT's comment anyway and not part of the actual narrative.

2) I did not notice this, but you are right in both pointing out the problem, and in suggesting a solution. I agree with removing the sentence as the marker RS-SL-32b.

3) You are right this is odd. Maybe we could combine them like so:
Quote:
RP-SL-32b {At that time Elrond went westward [sic; probably meaning simply that he did not cross Misty Mountains] and established the refuge of Imladris;} RP-SL-32.5 moved below {Celeborn went at first to Lórien and fortified it against any further attempts of Sauron to cross the Anduin.}> RP-SL-33<The History of Galadriel and Celeborn; Amroth and Nimrodel {The implication of the extract just given is that after Eregion’s fall Celeborn led this migration to Lórien, while Galadriel joined Gil-galad in Lindon; but elsewhere, in writing contemporary with this, it is said explicitly that they both}Both Galadriel and Celeborn at that time {‘}passed through Moria with a considerable following of Noldorin exiles and dwelt for many years in Lórien{‘} RP-SL-33.5 moved from above <{Celeborn went at first to Lórien} and fortified it against any further attempts of Sauron to cross the Anduin{.} >.>
This way we combine the information and keep everything clear.

4) I like this better as well, but I would change the marker to RP-SL-46b.
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote