View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #1026
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yeah....I guess I also favor the women pleading as well, but could adapt to whatever we decide to do.

But you're right about the fellowship group. Some members would be hard put to defend themselves at this point. On the other hand, if the orcs are trying to free the other "hostages", then those who were most "able" would rush forward with their swords to fight. We must have three characters in "ok" shape to do this. Lindir is hale and hearty. The trick will be to have no one, on either side, getting killed. (That would generate too much ill will for any kind of grudging cooperation to be possible.) If Shae attacked a sleeping orc, Lindir would stop her. But he is certainly not likely to tell someone not to strike a lethal blow to prevent the release of the other orcs or to protect themselves.

The question is this: are we still going with a two-pronged situation. First, Shae tries to strike a sleeping orc and is stopped by Lindir? Second, the male orcs try to attack and free their comrades?

If that is the case, I would assume that Lindir pens up the other orcs and keeps them that way overnight and sends a messenger back to the old camp to tell the others to come the next day. Then, wouldn't Ishkur, Makdush and Gwerr be more likely to stage a surprise assault in the middle of the night to free their companions? They would not so much be attacking members of the fellowship, but trying to get their own people free. But perhaps somehow, someway, Lindir has anticipated that possibility and has guards who raise the alarm and immediately ambush them so they also end up in the pen??

Is that possible, or are there other ways of looking at this?