View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #926
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well...

Basically it looks good.

But I'm a bit hesitant with this easy catch of all the orcs and am trying to bring together the puzzle left to me by Regin with his post here and his PM to me...

I know you others haven't played the orcs very much (except Undomė who's characters are now "safe" as it has been agreed that they will not drink too much and may get away) and from the viewpoint of the ex-slaves / the FS the orcs are mainly a challenge on your route.

But after playing the orc-guys pretty extensively with Regin I think we both have started to care for our characters so as to wish them to be able to make a difference as any character could - or at least not be such a prewritten fools.

And that I think would also enhance the actual playing, giving us all new ways to look at things and new situations to react to?

I agree that we should end up with a settlement - how fragile it might be - but just rounding up all the orcs doesn't sound like a way either Ishkur or Gwerr would allow it to go. They've been masterminding a few things already and would take care not to get drunk enough anyway as their future gold is at stake (even if they wouldn't be ready for any humans to appear, but just because of the Uruks they would be on alarm all the time). And they're over two thousand year old soldiers... they're no novices. Surely they would have something in their sleeve for any unforeseen situations?

If you haven't read their fortunes this far, they are in the slaver-captain's tent with all his treasure nicely packed into small pouches and laden to a horse that is also inside the tent. If they heard something alarming they would probably mount and ride away together coming back to see what's going on after they feel it's safer... That's just a preliminary thought, though.

I don't see this compromising the initial plan though. The discussions - as the rest of the ex-slaves / Fs would come to the camp - might just receive a few other unexpected guests with Aiwendil...

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-08-2007 at 01:42 PM.