View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 02:44 PM   #88
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

I should think the Orcs could run their own little story line until Ost-in-Edhil is actually besieged.

War of the Elves and Sauron begins and the Three Rings are hidden: SA 1693; Eregion is invaded, Troops of Orcs make their way along the southern edge of the White Mountains - harassing the southwestern parts of Gondor.

By 1695 Sauron is intent upon putting Eriador under his dominion. Easterlings and Southrons are coming into Barad-dur. He has gathered the creatures of Morgoth into Mordor. The armies of Mordor are already sweeping westward and doing battle with any who stand in their way. Their final target will be Lindon.

The outlying areas of Eregion have already been under attack and those refugees are coming into Ost-in-Edhel.

I think the Orcs could run a story line perhaps describing the build up of troops in Mordor, their thoughts on Sauron who is now in residence in Barad-dur (how is he in comparison to their old boss - Morgoth, etc); what do they think of their immediate leaders; what do they think of the Men from the south and east who are joining him; etc. And then move out along the White Mountains heading for the Gap of Rohan and then north over Eregion and finally coming to Ost-in-edhel for the siege. There should be plenty of opportunity for them to be quite bloodthirsty.

Just a suggestion . . .

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-05-2005 at 06:29 PM.