View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 07:51 PM   #611
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
This is especially true when we both keep fiddling... for example, this was going to be a question, but I think it's turned itself into a statement: I want to redo all the character portraits as digital images. Yes, again. But! This time I would be working from the versions we already have, and I think they come out looking better:

This is the same shading style I've used for the "slideshow" sections (eg the intro), and therefore different from the backdrops. They're not perfect, but I think they come out looking better than the drawn versions - and because I have the drawings, I can put them together relatively quickly. What do you think?
I am really not a good person to ask. My problem is I get overly attached to things, and hate any new changes. Give me a bit of time to get used to something, and it's gonna stay there forever. I am not an objective judge. All that is going through my mind now is different = alarm bells, but I know that's just my hyperattachment speaking. Trying to make myself look objectively, I think the style has a lot of potential, and might look more integrated with the backdrops - but you're the better judge there. I like NewFinrod. I generally like the others too but for some reason the hand-drawn ones seem more life-like... More detail? Or maybe smoother shading on the faces? I am not sure, there is a reason I cannot draw people. But you know what? I think that given a bit of time to re-caliber my attachment sensors I am gonna like this style.

And, as promised - Feanorian part of Hate. I feel like... I don't love it, but it does channel hate and anger and all those lovely things fairly reasonably. To be honest, I feel like Heart was probably the most mature and refined piece I've done musically so far, and I don't know if that's gonna be beat. I hope so, but I feel like the final songs might be doing it with force rather than skill or subtlety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
For now, as threatened, I've put together the run which we've just completed ; and in true Dawn style, I've called it Brethil.
I totally missed this update before, just saw it as I was writing my post. You know, you're absolutely right. It does look more cohesive. And I don't think that whatever was catching my eye before is nearly as noticeable with the backdrops. Chalk it up to my reluctance to change. I like it. I'm in.

As a side note, I thought the visuals between videos transitioned very well, and the music was not terrible either. As I recall, concert versions aside, most performances had some kind of musical "background noise" to aid the transitions between songs. Do you feel that we need something like this? Might be a bit early to tell, but something to keep in mind if the songs refuse to stick together.