View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 01:48 AM   #4
Tar Elenion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar Elenion has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
Explain to me again what Miriel is doing alive at the same time as Celebrimbor?
The show-runners (whom, I am informed by "experts" and "Professors", are intimately familiar with all of Tolkien's writings) are doing a little tiny insignificant bit of time compression (ca. 2000 years into something where various of their mortal main characters wont grow old and die, as best I understand it).
So *Durin III is the living father of *Durin IV, *Celebrimbor is alive at the same time as *Tar-Miriel (the ruling Queen of *Numenor, who seems have Far Harad heritage (though the Royal House, particularly after Aldarion and Erendis, married within the bloodline of Elros)), and her advisor *Pharazon (with whom she has a son).
There must be some other insignificant time compression as well, as the nomadic agriculturalist *Harfoots seem to be literate (though Hobbits did not start learning their letters until TA 1300, and even after that were still primarily relying on oral tradition until the end of the Third Age).

I have also been informed that time compression is proper and acceptable because Jackson, or something...

Last edited by Tar Elenion; 07-12-2022 at 01:54 AM.
Tar Elenion is offline   Reply With Quote