View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 12:38 PM   #543
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
If you still have the "raw" Audacity file, I would recommend just replacing the music track with the new score, and adjusting the pause in between the two sections to match up to the existing vocals. The speed is the same, everything is the same, just the length of the pause is different. No need to re-sing and re-animate unless you want to.
Oh, well in that case:

05 - Entrance & Appeal - 2022 version

With (hopefully) correctly adjusted choir and inserted new recording.

Quote:
If you like it, I'm down. I like the concept. But I have argued this stanza too many times in my head now to the point where it sounds ridiculous no matter what I say, so you make the final call.
So we'll go with this...

Quote:
Get Beren a Silmaril. Fix the Doom of the Noldor. Find Amarie. Simple. Because estel, that's why.
*.* Oh Finrod.

Quote:
But only in the glow of your heart's light

I think it's important to underline that Finrod only just now realizes this simple but life philosophy changing concept. Does he get that across with only "at last" in the next line?
I think it does. The 'your' is already leading us there, given that he's really only just met Beren, and the 'only... at last' structure makes it clear. Also this is far and away the best version of this line yet. ^_^

I've also slapped myself on the forehead and adjusted the wounds line. My wounds you have opened afresh this hour scans just as well and actually works as English, and I don't know why it took me so long to see it. (I think I was fixated on the 'in' being essential.)

Quote:
Beren's lines threw me off a little at first because you sang them a little differently than the sketch I'm used to hearing, but I think they still land either in his right harmony or with the note Finrod sings, so it all works. I think I am back to my old adage though - if you don't mind making the music a liiiitle bit louder in the final version?
Well, since you asked so nicely...

Camp, adjusted

With two re-recorded lines, and the music boosted by 2 dB. Any louder than that, and I feel like it starts drowning me out in the final duet; I can adjust different parts of my singing if you think I'm too quiet/loud relative to the music at different points.

So... if both of these are good [crosses fingers], then I'm down to animations and Dream. Yay!

hS