View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 04:19 AM   #536
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Old tune, new key

As usual, a check for singability - this one is set lower than Ballad, and I can't remember what key Oath was in but it wasn't the same as this one either.
Singability confirmed, and I'm just about back to the point where I can sing it (at least for some random sections of the day, ho hum). I don't know the tune or lyrics yet, but that's every song until we get onto it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
One solution I found is an accelerating tool on Audacity. As the test run shows, it does a pretty good job of gradual acceleration. But here it continues to accelerate all the way until the end. I think ideally it would only accelerate during the Oath section, while Ballad melody would be fast but levelly so. I think that's entirely feasible with Audacity, it would just meal some very careful editing.
Well, whatever you did seems to work well as-is. But yes, Audacity can do the sort of thing you're talking about - you'd either need to pull pieces of the song off as separate tracks, or just select the piece you want to accelerate. (The latter works for raising the volume of specific lines, which I've had to do a few times.)

One lyric thought: "But only thanks to your account tonight" sounds a bit like Finrod's running a business meeting. How does "But only thanks to what you've shared tonight" work? Or "But now with what you've shared with me tonight"? (I've just tried putting both 'at last' and 'I see' into this line... um, no, those are both in the next one!)

EDIT: I've managed to scrape together a rough cut of the Dream audio, using your original Luthien and obviously without her part at the end. Other than the obvious lack of enough breath (I think I had to break 'a-lone' with a breath in there somewhere!), any comments or mis-sung lines?

I'm still not sure what to do about the 'no purpose/purposeless' line. Both versions seem one syllable short - you can hear me sing "pur-pose-le-ess". I almost want to switch the word out and do something like "I... am lost and lonely without you" (though is it too cheeky to quote Jareth the Goblin King where Seraphim's hair can hear?). Or am I parsing the line all wrong?

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 12-13-2021 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Dream!
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote