View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 06:28 PM   #535
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Camp sketch

Old tune, new key

As usual, a check for singability - this one is set lower than Ballad, and I can't remember what key Oath was in but it wasn't the same as this one either.

I realized that the biggest problem with this piece is going to be the tempo. It's supposed to start slow, and gradually get faster and more intense. But my program can't do gradual continuous speed changes. Even if I find a speed that is acceptable for both the first and the last parts, it would sound (like it does here) that the song is getting slower instead of faster.

One solution I found is an accelerating tool on Audacity. As the test run shows, it does a pretty good job of gradual acceleration. But here it continues to accelerate all the way until the end. I think ideally it would only accelerate during the Oath section, while Ballad melody would be fast but levelly so. I think that's entirely feasible with Audacity, it would just meal some very careful editing.