View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 10:33 AM   #345
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
In related news, I tried to differentiate the voices by singing Beren an octave lower... it's physically painful to attempt singing this low. And it still sounds too girly to be Beren. But I am thinking of this as a potential audition to take over one of the male voices in the upcoming 4-male-part songs, should it be needed. I hope not.
I can hear how painful that must be - yikes. I think we probably could do SFX of some kind on this, or on me, but you're right - the pictures make it pretty clear who's singing.

Progress report: I've finished the animation for Neldoreth and done a rough recording. Are you able to pass me a version of you-as-Luthien, just so I can put up a "complete" video (not, of course, "finished")? I've also been shuffling around how I add the titles and credits, which means I should be able to do something cool once we have this one sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Thinking ahead to when I would be able to pick this up again (hopefully not too far into the future): what do you say to attempting a consecutive sequence this time, Renunciation-Quarrel-Aria? Doing these en bloc and in the right order would make the transitions smoother. I will make each section a separate file because it will likely need a different set of instruments and/or speed, but then they can be combined as much as we choose - which would resolve the issue of Melian's opening lines if we put Quarrel and Aria together. Renunciation may or may not be added on, I just prefer to start there in the sequence as Quarrel flows right out of it content-wise. What do you think about that?
Absolutely! Those are some fun songs, and I get to be super lazy with the backgrounds, because they're just Nargothrond and Doriath. (I am debating whether to allow artefacts like the crown of Nargothrond to appear as 'characters'; I feel like actually animating it tumbling across the floor would be a bit too silly.)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote