View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 01:28 AM   #255
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I think the only thing now missing from it being perfect is a wind-blowing sound effect at the end. ^.^
(May I recommend using a sippet of this recording? Or is it too much fuss to add more sounds?)
Nope, I can do that easily. Are you thinking after the music ends (so over the credits), or during one or more of the 'just the wind's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Today my plan was to finish Captivity up to the confusing part. And then I figured out my mistake that made it confusing. And then I finished Finrod's section. And added an ending. And edited the spots that were bothering me. And basically, I'm happy with it
'aaaay, that's gorgeous! Definitely looking forward to singing it. (And finally, Beren gets a line... I'm inordinately amused that this means Luthien and the Sons of Feanor are the last vocalists to be heard, at least if you ignore the orcs.)

Unrelatedly: lyric mismatch! Amarie calls Finrod my lord of constant change, but back in his Ballad, Finrod talks about my own unchanging nature. These don't technically conflict - my interpretation of Amarie's line is that Finrod keeps flitting from project to project ('Nargowhere? I'm hanging out with mortals now!'), but not that his fundamental nature changes - but it's still an odd mismatch.

I really like the 'lord of constant change' line, so if either is changed I would prefer to change Finrod's. But... to what? 'my ever-changing nature' or 'my own inconstant nature' would scan, but imply something I don't think is fair to the character.

EDIT: Flyby link drop... the Zong videos all appear to be taken from vk.com. Google is perfectly capable of finding all videos with 'Финрод-Зонг' in the title/description on vk, and can even filter to just the long ones. I bet there's stuff here we haven't seen (and will check at lunchtime).

EDIT2: Yep! There's another outdoor version, a 2018 concert split across 16 unconnected videos (all linked in Appendix A), and... er, whatever this is. There's definite Zong music in there, but also stuff I don't recognise (and even some narrative sections!). Given that it's from 2019, some of the weird stuff might possibly be the Daeron songs - want to take a look?

EDIT3: The 2019 video appears to consist of: Ballad to Amarie, Oath, Aria, Unknown 1 (Elvish Walking Song), Unknown 2 (Elvish Drinking Song), a non-sung Duel (presented rather charmingly as a chess game), Unknown 3 (Elven Mourning Song), Epilogue. So yeah, I really have no idea what's going on. The people behind it seem to be trying to do a full Beren and Luthien ?musical ?film ?horse show, but why they've used big chunks of the Zong is beyond me.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 09-14-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote