View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #227
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I fixed the annoying trumpet, and the volume balance, and the slow-down, and a couple other minor things here and there. And finished the fade-out. I kinda like the bagpipe effect there and at the start - not that I imagine Galadriel with bagpipes, but it sounds cool. I think my favourite stanza overall is Death, it turned out quite well.
I listened and like it! I didn't catch anything that needed changing, though see previous comments on me and music.

Quote:
I just feel bad that I keep holding us behind. What are you gonna draw when we get to the Nargothrond songs? You'll probably finish the entire art selection before I get a third of the way through. But there is no way I can think of to go faster without either losing the quality of the music or losing the remainder of my already sparse sleep.
Tchah, none of that! You're doing the hard part, the part that requires focus; I can make sketches at work, it's totally different.

As for Nargothrond specifically: I'll still have all the characters to do, and want to redraw Finrod at some point. Plus the arch design is deliberately to allow me to use them as 'windows', so there's backgrounds to draw there. Plus all the timing on the video, which winds up being the last step of all. Lots to do, I'm just rattling out some of the easy bits.

Quote:
Speaking of holding us back - I am afraid there is more of that to come. I have an exam coming up, so I decided to restrict myself in what I will commit to in the next couple weeks. I figured doing a plain repetitive solo is the best way to go, to keep the momentum going but at the same time not take too much time or brainpower so I won't have an excuse to avoid studying. So - should it be FINROD'S BALLAD TO AMARIE, or WIND? Both are viable options, and I can "hear" both of them nicely with a fairly simple instrument array. And after the exam I hope to open up the floor again to a wider selection.
Please don't mess up your exam on account of the musical! It's not like the songs are going to run away.

As ever, you should go with your preference of the songs; but if it's literally a coin toss, I think it would be nice to get our third vocalist into play with Wind. (For which I will have to draw Valinorean landscapes... that should be an interesting challenge. Not sure how I'll do it yet.)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote