View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 06:15 AM   #174
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I listened to it at home again - it's Melian's lines. They are coming in slightly late. Your lines sound fine.
I'll take a look tonight and try and synch it up a bit better. Shouldn't be too tricky.

Quote:
But in all seriousness, what do you think about getting more people involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55
Would my judgement be biased if my reasoning is based on wanting to hear you duet with Mrs. Hui? :P Logistically, they are both viable options. I am not sure.
It sounds good to me! In a hypothetical perfect world I would love to sing Finrod, but there are probably better voices for the job than me. If anyone else wants to join up, I'd be delighted.

... it occurs to me that if you sang Sauron and I pushed your voice down just right, we could wind up with a really otherworldly effect. I'll have to check that; I've mostly shifted voices just a little, not by full octaves.

EDIT: Hypothetical male vocals list:

-Thingol: me being bombastic.
-Sauron: you, downshifted a couple of octaves.
-Finrod: me, normal voice.
-Celegorm: you, down one octave.
-Curufin: Third party.
-Beren: Third party.
-Chorus: Anyone who wants to sing it.

I think we need Beren to be a different vocalist to Finrod, for certain (all those duets!); everything else is subject to juggling around. If we don't have someone else:

-Thingol, Sauron, Curufin, Beren: me.
-Finrod, Celegorm: you (shifted for Celegorm).

(Basically I'm trying to avoid clashes in the duets: Finrod-Beren and Beren-Luthien need to be kept distinct.)

EDIT EDIT: Of course, if we're looking for a third-party Beren, then doing the Prison Duet would maybe not be the best plan, because we don't have both vocalists... :-/ See, this is one of the reasons I said I didn't know what you should work on next!

Quote:
Progress Report. Sorry, not much to report, I only did one stanza so far. Maybe I am just trigger happy about my newfound techy recording skills.
It's creepy! In a good way.

Quote:
Only point of significance is that I shifted the ending a bit to make if "FEanor!" rather than "FeaNOR" (unless I am actually not pronouncing my Elvish correctly in English, in which case I will shift it back). The only consequence of this will be a more dramatic pause between that and Finrod's opening, which I think works well anyways.
Um. That's a bit of a question. In Quenya, his name would be 'fe-a-NAR-o', so would the Sindarised form be 'fe-a-NOR' to match, or would the emphasis move? I don't really know. I say 'FAY-a-nor', I think. ('ay' for E I'm almost sure is correct; the 'ee' sound is I, as in 'GaladrEE-el'.

Quote:
Alright, I got Amarie, and Prison Duet. Mind you, at the pace I am currently going, it will probably take me weeks to get through this. Therefore, whatever song you want done sooner will get prioritized from that list.
You and I are both more likely to find recording time than my wife is.

Quote:
In that case, would you be able to drop my voice an octave for CelNCur?
Should be!

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 07-27-2020 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Edit to the edit.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote