View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 01:37 PM   #165
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Edit 3: hopefully final update for the time being. I can now record audio from my computer, which is very good, and means that the process will be much easier for the future, and it's not too much work to make adjustments and re-record. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can record Melian's part today, because indoors my housemates are doing some renovations and outdoors there's a pool party next door. I will wait for a quieter time to record, and once I have that I will probably send it to you by the same means - unless you have a better suggestion.

With regards to the music, do let me know which places should be adjusted. For anything. Too loud, too quiet, too pointy, too calm, too dull, too sad, etc. It will be a much faster fix than the slow process to this point. I struggled a bit with getting Thingol's part to sound alive, because a program is a program and will play all notes flat and steady to the exact duration as is specified, and I ended up having to give a LOT of instructions for him. He used to sound like a dying swan at first, but I think now there's a bit more character to the music. Tell me what you think - especially for his quest to Angband lines, because I had a hard time choosing which mood to go for with that stanza.
Wahoo! That was really good. Bombastic trumpets may not work in many places in the musical, but they are so Thingol. I'm really genuinely impressed!

I've rushed a recording of me singing along over via PM; Audacity was very accomodating, and unlike previous microphones this one doesn't hate high or loud noises. Since I'm about halfway through my Cunning Plan for the visuals, if you send me just your vocals I can splice it all together and muck around with left-right balance and whatever else springs to mind.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote