View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #157
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So I had this thought that I really wanna hear the Duel of Finrod and Sauron sung properly in English, even if I have to sing for both myself. But "properly" means some form of accompaniment, because singing along with the Russian throws me off. Unfortunately, all my insteuments are in my parent's place in a different city. Then I remembered that I have this basic little music writing program back from my school days. It is extremely slow to work with and plays very robotically, but on the bright side I could have a whole orchestra on there if I wanted to. I have never seen guitar sheet music and have no clue how to write for it aside from just chords, and I figured for now I will limit myself to piano and trumpet, both of which I could play once K have them. But then I realized (again, as I've been through this before) that Sauron's chords are super complex. I can sing his part fine as long as there is no accompaniment, but for some reason I can never get it to match the chords. Finrod's music is slightly less daunting but not much less confusing. So after a failed attempt at figuring out how it's supposed to go, I decided to shift gears and start with the easiest song to out down on music, which is the Duet of Thingol and Melian. So far I just have Thingol's first 2 verses and the start of Melian; the program has some annouing peeves which makes it very slow to work with. But since the music repeats (and in the same key, no less!), I will probably finish it by tomorrow and attempt a recording within a couple days. So stay tuned!