View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 06:12 AM   #11
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Final thought: enjoy the beauty of this exchange, just outside of Moria:
Aragorn: Ahead lies the Golden Wood.
Pippin (I think... a hobbit, anyways): How will we know that it is the Golden Wood?
Aragorn: The power of imagination is a great power.
It sort of reminds me of the prologue to Henry V, which basically says "staging Agincourt is way outside our budget, so just imagine it, mmkay?".
Into a thousand parts divide one man,
And make imaginary puissance;
Think when we talk of horses that you see them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Well, I much prefer their Frodo to Peter Jackson's godawful interpretation of him. And since that is my main criterion in the judgement of just about anything, I am fond of it. And it was made with love for 2p, when Jackson spaffed God knows how much up the wall.
We should put together a version of LotR which is just closeups of people's eyes. 'lijah from the Jacksonverse, the Friendly Brown Eye of Sauron from the Soviets... it'd be fun!

Quote:
P.S. Something that really puzzled me was why Aragorn was working Merry or Pippin's arms back and forth in Moria. Did he get knocked out and I didn't notice? And is this an effective way of bringing someone round?
Hilariously, Merry is visibly alert in this sequence - he actually takes his pipe out of his mouth after being put down! I can only assume he Had A Case Of The Vapours to get Aragorn's attention.

Quote:
P.P.S. Has anyone managed to do any subtitles yet?
There are subtitles now! I've just added them to the first post too, but: Part 1 | Part 2.

hS