View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #406
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alrighty, ladies and gents, battle/fight/skirmish or whatever you would like to call it starts tomorrow morning. Before I leave work today, I'll have the Gondorian ships pulling into view in the river. There are still several, several miles between us and the Pelargir, though, at that point. That will give you Corsairs time to spot us and run for your ships.

Any pre-fighting scenes that anyone wants to write (mainly thinking of Alcarillo and his ships mates here) should be written before, well, tomorrow late morning. I should be posting the first clash of ships around 10:00 EST. . .or a little later.

Be pre-warned.

---------------------------------------

Now about the battle itself, let me see if I can't make things clear in my mind. . .we Gondorians get to pick on a few non-character ships and win in these fights, right? Is it correct to assume that we're allowed to destroy them, once we've killed all their people and freed all the galley slaves? Preferably, we haven't sunk them with those poor wretches chained to their oars. . .

Also, having thought on it at length last night, those Xebecs of yours are going to have a great advantage in speed, especially being galley ships. Am I correct to think thus? But all in all, we might have the advantage in maneauvering in a river, big as it is. Well well, we'll see.

Anyone who has any idea of war tactics in such cases, I'd greatly appreciate it if you voiced your knowledge.

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 01-11-2006 at 03:59 PM.