View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #571
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The girl came back at him, still wanting a fight. Javan had to stave her off, but after that first blow, his temper had suddenly cooled and he would not strike out again. When she had fallen, crumpled in the dirt, realization of what he had done dawned on him.

Then the captain came rushing towards them, calling out sharply. Javan’s heart leaped into his throat for a brief instant. The captain snatched Ædre back and held her off Javan. Javan stopped and stood upright. “What is going on?” he demanded. He fixed Javan with a keen, disapproving glance. “I don’t think your father would approve of you striking a girl.”

“My father’s not here,” Javan said. His eyes flashed menacingly in Ædre’s direction, “But I do have a father, and I know who he is.” There was a silence. The two children glared at each other and Coenred remained silently in the dark about what he just said. Javan collected his wits and answered Coenred properly. He did feel a little ashamed for hitting her, but it wasn’t really his fault, after all. “But, no, you’re right. He wouldn’t be pleased about it at all.”

--

Saeryn

“I think of the baby all the time, and I know that whatever happens now is probably going to affect it. I know. I have to do something, but I don’t know what. He makes me feel like a little girl, like I’m being foolish to put up a fuss, and that I’m throwing a sort of child’s tantrum. I don’t know how to not let the matter drop without making things miserable for everybody.”

“If you can’t argue it with Athanar, you must take it to the king.”

“I’ve taken it to the king!” Saeryn cried, stepping back from him. Her voice was shrill with vexation. “I spoke to the king while Eodwine was in Edoras, and he insisted that he send a man to take Eodwine's place."