View Single Post
Old 07-05-2002, 06:02 PM   #73
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio watched the cart with Bird and what appeared to be a hobbit drive away from the dock. 'Great Eru!', she swore under her breath, 'That 'hobbit' is Kali!'

At that moment, a fruit and vegetable vendor began to haggle over the price for his merchandise, and she had no further time to stew over the consequences of this outing.

The bargaining done, the deal agreed to, she shook hands with the vendor who promised to bring his good early in the day of their departure. He gave her the location of his stall in the marketplace, and she assured him she would come to tell him when they were to depart, and then pay him on the morning of delivery. She did take on at that time a goodly number of small, tightly sealed barrels containing dried fruits and dried vegetables.

The purchase done, she strode over to where Mithadan was bargaining for other needed supplies. She asked him to excuse her for a while, that she had a pressing situation to sort out in the city. 'Whatever you cannot get today, let me finish it tomorrow.', she said.

He looked at her quizzically, but she excused herself once again and ran down the street she remembered the cart had taken.