View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #347
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Dear Orc,

Here is how Namo views things.....

From Namo's perspective, Giledhel was "faithless" to husband and family in refusing his initial call to come to Mandos. I am assuming these are the values with which Elves are raised: to return to the Halls of Mandos when death strikes. To remain houseless and drifting would seem to be contary to the path laid out for Elvenkind. He feels she should have obediently returned to Mandos and encouraged the Orcseys to come with her as well.

I know we have a plotline that we must bury the bodies in order for them to find peace. But I am assuming that they would initially have been free to fly to Mandos. The need for burial only came after their extended stay.

Oh, my! I hope you don't think that Namo was referring to her relations with the gentlemen Orcs. Namo, for all his grim demeanor, is not so indelicate, and, although Gildedhel's behavior is certainly daft, she is very much a well behaved lady!

If you prefer different wording, or have problems with these ideas, let me know and I will try to edit. Alternately, you are welcome to raise this question in the story....

Namo (the guy with the scythe)

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 03-27-2006 at 05:39 PM.