View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 08:45 PM   #373
Valeria, Witch of Angmar
Pile O'Bones

Valeria, Witch of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Valeria, Witch of Angmar
Sting

Valeria listened carefully to Amron's words. "I have no reason to trust him," she admitted, "but I have no reason not to. I will hear him out and past judgement on him then."

She took note of Dire Lance's story; A strange name, she muses, but I have heard stranger in my travels. She notices him looking at her ring again and examines his from the corner of her eye. She felt as though she'd heard of such a ring before, but could not summon up a name and so pushed the thought aside.

A Wight entered and made a small speech which turned everyone's heads for a time, then talk turned to Gondor and the siege of the White City. Valeria's ears pricked up at the name and she saw Derakis's interest as well. It appeared as though battle loomed on the horizon for Minas Tirith.
Are you there, beloved? she wondered silently. Have you gone to battle there, or am I just chasing a ghost?

Almost as the thought finished passing through her head, the Barrow Wight spoke up for the first time in a long while. She smiled at the smug expression he wore, as her fingertips traced the stone in her ring.

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]