View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #1914
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
On general issues...

On the issue raised by Dury: I think the "posting rules" have always been a bit more relaxed in the Mead Hall, meaning that people have had more leeway into using each others characters - with all the traditional and well-proven corrections like that one should try to use another person's character as little as s/he can and trying to stick to the spirit of that character, that everything the "used character's" writer wishes to be changed need to be changed immediately etc...

But that said we should be careful using each other's characters and I do warmly recommend building posts together (via PM's, MSN, what have you) if you wish to have more dialogue or more reactions from other writer's characters in one post.

And surely the "rules" are different to people who have posted for each other's characters in the Mead Hall for years and have learned it trusting each other's judgement on issues concerning their characters (like Foley and Fea with Saeryn & Degas).

But that brings me to the second issue raised here. It has been quite frantic I must admit (heh, been a way for a few Days and had like a page of reading to do!), and it is easy to see why. The new situation - a kind of new beginning - makes us all more interested in this and everyone wants to post as much as they can.

It is a good thing and I would be the last one to say that "hey, don't post that much!".

But it will (sadly) change as time goes by and the "new Mead Hall" will not arouse such a frantic posting - and thus some of the problems noted here will settle themselves.

But I must say I love this energy we have right now! Let's keep it up - without rushing our co-writers to write a substantial post everyday. We have lots of things going on there and not every situation needs be dealt with today...