View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I've heard from others before that they thought it rather cheesy how Boromir kept fighting even after being pierced by two arrows, but I actually liked that idea.<P>In the book, I did not feel sorry one bit for Boromir when he died. I thought of him as some fool easily seduced by the Ring who tried to harm poor Frodo. But when I saw his death in the movie, I began to feel sad for Boromir. For once, I saw him as a strong and brave man, who was temporarily lead astray, but not given a second chance. Sean Bean was really able to display the human qualities of Boromir that were not shown in the book. His performance was beyond excellent and helped me understand his character better than before.<P>And as for the cause of his death: we really don't know how Boromir went down in the book, since he was found with arrows already protruding from his body. For we know, perhaps Boromir did go down with a fight as he did in the movie. The movie version of Boromir's death was definitely more dramatic than the book's version, but I think that was necessary.