View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 01:18 AM   #311
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan's Post

"Bird?" asked Mithadan in response to Piosenniel's query. "I've not seen her for some time. She might be of some assistance, wouldn't she?"

He sat quietly for a moment, then reached out and took the Elf's hand. "But if I leave now, I shall miss the birth of the twins. How can I do that?"

"And how can you leave Fosco and the others in the hands of their captors?" retorted Piosenniel. "And who else will be taken or harmed if you wait? There is no one else who can do this in the Shire. Would you leave it up to Master Halfred to find the kidnappers?"

Mithadan snorted at the mention of the Shirriff. "He will come visiting soon," he said. "To interview me as a 'person of interest' as if speaking to one man might reveal the mind of another." He fell silent, struggling with an internal debate; duty against desire. At times it seemed that his entire life had been such a debate. But having experienced this conflict often enough, he knew well which side would win in the end.

He looked deep into his wife's eyes and laid a hand upon her belly. Then Mithadan leaned reluctantly away and reached out with his mind. Bird. We need you...

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]