View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 AM   #603
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
There clearly are not as many baddies as there could have been (which would be half by now, so the game would have ended). Which means that either we lynched some (which would have to be Boro), or they didn't make a Wolf every Night (or some combination of both).
Eomer speculated yesterDay that the Night Four wolf-kill had been blocked by a Ranger-save and that the "buzzing" signalled the transformation of Mith into a Visitor. Seems we can rule that out- but then what did happen? A normal Wolf-kill + the EW's scrying/conversion being blocked? And what about Night Two and last Night? It must mean something that the "buzzing" only occurs on some Nights and not others. Note that it did not occur on the Night One, on which we know (or at least can assume) a wolf was created- so it doesn't mean that. Does it mean scrying? Does it indicate "streams crossing", so to speak- one power cancelling another out? Note also that the narrations on two of those nights seems to indicate something being thwarted. I'm harping on this because it may give us some clue *when* wolf-conversions occurred.

Quote:
It certainly isn't a kill of a "quiet player", that's for sure. He also talked basically about everyone. Although since you are saying it wouldn't make sense as a frame - that actually got me thinking why would you specifically say that, because I would not first even see people his death would point at, since he talked about everyone, let alone that it could somehow be a bluff to frame someone. But he got votes from you and Eönwë (and he could have gotten more votes, like I was all the time considering him, and I am pretty sure I wasn't the only one). But since you are so eager to downplay any connections, could Wolf-Nerwen or EW-Nerwen be so desperate (for whichever reason) to kill Nog to try to lynch him and then kill him when it didn't work out? But the reason is the problem there - it's the same problem as the idea that he was killed because they thought him to be a Gifted or a GW - it's all fine, but I don't think he behaved in any way "specially". Unless he voiced his opinion on somebody specific and it was spot on - but he was voicing his opinion on everything.
My thought is that his "maybe evil" behaviour looked "maybe gifted/wizardy" to the wolves, who after all had the benefit of knowing what he *wasn't*.

And no, I'm not "eager to downplay" the possibility that I killed him, since from my point of view it isn't a possibility. Who do you think I am, Volo?